Friday, February 6, 2009

Thank You Al Gore!

The internet is a wonderful thing. Since I have started this blog I have received wonderful emails from around the world. It touches my heart that people take the time to write or comment about my work and I want to let everyone know how much I appreciate that. I have a little confession to write. As I said it makes me happy to read a nice comment that someone has written. I was curious to see how many people look at my blog. So I signed up at statcounter.com so I could see the number of user who look at my blog. Figuring that some didn't lean comments but it would be a positive reinforcement to my ego if people just showed up. The first day there were 7 visitors. OK not bad. Since no one had left a comment at least it was nice to see some had looked. The next day it shot up to 70. Wow! I had hit the big time! I was curious what I would find if I googled myself. (don't laugh - I am sure we have all done it) That's when I found that I had been mentioned on Kim Cavender's blog. Thanks Kim. Ok now I know why the sudden growth in visitors. After that I was still checking my stats. OK I confess I was checking my stats every few hours! I was averaging about 50 visitors a day. What a pleasant surprise when I woke up this morning at the crack of 10:30 and there were 365 visitors to my site today already. Thanks I feel must go to President Obama. Thanks to all of you too. Those who come to my site and those who tell others about my site. Thanks for the pat on the back.

2 comments:

  1. Kim Cavender and Cynthia Tinapple(http://polymerclaydaily.com/) bring so many 'greats' like yourself to bear righteous admiration! Congrats on the Stats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I saw you on both sites and thought how talented you were, imagine my surprise when you visited my blog! I am emailing you in a bit :)

    ReplyDelete