Ok here is my latest cane. I guess you can tell which way my politics lean. But regardless I hope you can appreciate the work. I have included some pictures that I took along the way so you can see a little bit how I work. I did this one a little differently than past canes in that I worked in rectangles instead of triangles. The reduction process still isn't easy but I am happy with the results. I also broke my own rule of never making a cane that starts less than 2 inches. I think this cane was about 1 inch thick before final reduction. I think I was able to get away with it because I had packed (and reduced) the individual parts so well. The final cane is about 1 X 2 inches and I am happy to say I have about of foot of cane to work with. Much better than my Da Vinci can which left me with about 3 inches of workable cane.