Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sutton Slice




Here are some samples of work made using the "Sutton Slice" method. One is a business card holder that I made in Lisa Pavelka's class during Cabin Fever. I took the technique one step further by using a skinner blend to make the leaves. I used a stamp that I bought from Barbara McGuire. It is necessary to use deep stamps with this technique and Barbara has some really nice stamps. As usual for me I didn't finish the leaves off but I liked the technique. The round bead was made with some left over scraps. If you like the technique you can read about it if you search Carol Duvall's HGTV's database.




I have been busy working on a new face to take and show at my first visit to Shrinemont retreat. I believe it is called Orkney Springs retreat now. I don't really have time to go since I leave for my Africa trip on May 19th and I don't get back from Orkney Springs until the 17th but since you have to be invited to go and I wasn't sure if they would ever ask me again I decided that I had to go. I am really looking forward to it. Like I do all my retreats. I have also made some masks for an exchange. I will try to get some photos up before I leave because I obviously won't have time before my next BIG trip.




Until next time.


Julie

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Julie!! You've come a long way baby! I hope you have a fantastic time in Africa. Enjoy it, you've earned it. And, post the pictures when you can.
    Happy traveling,
    Donna H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie...I know you've been waiting a long time for this trip. Do enjoy, and tell us about it when you return! And, your sutton slice pieces are beautiful! love, jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    It was great to meet you at clay camp and you are the BEST tablemate. I can't wait until we see each other again. Thanks for the memories!

    Helen Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete