Monday, April 19, 2010

Clay means never having to say you're sorry.


But I am sorry about many things. First I have been meaning to write about Linda Hirschfield and her generosity. I am sorry it has taken me so long to acknowledge her thoughtfulness. I think it was two years ago at Clay Carnival that I passed out some poker chips that had some of my face canes on them. Linda received one, took it home and created a lovely silver pendant with it. She wore it to Clay Carnival the next year and I was touched that she took such time and effort to create the necklace. I do not know how to work with silver and I loved what she did. I ran into Linda at Synergy and she blew me away when she gave me the necklace. I promised to send her another cane slice. Here comes sorry number 2. Sorry Linda I will get it to you soon but I have just been so busy that I haven't gotten around to it. I know I also owe some cane slices to some people from Cabin Fever. Sorry number 3. Sorry number 4 to Cheryl I still plan on getting that cd of pics to you. I am also sorry (that's number 5) for taking so long to post to this blog.

Here come lame excuses 1 thru whatever. As you know I have been working on a book. Now this is not a large book but it is nonetheless very time consuming. Fortunately I am getting near the end with that. I am also thrilled to announce that I have been asked by Donna Kato to be one of the instructors on her new website called CraftEdu.com. (I will tell you more about that in a later post) I am way behind where I should be on that project. Just got back from my yearly trip with my friends to the Family Circle Cup tennis tournament. (Had a great time. Took my computer. Didn't get anything done!) And if that isn't enough, my husband and I have been house hunting.

Excuses finished. Sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, try not to be so hard on yourself. I bet that those that know you understand, and those that don't know you, but follow your blog, understand. And for those that don't understand or care...well they will get over it, or not. :)

    Press on clay gal...you have lots to do - and enjoy! Good luck with the house hunting (make sure it has good studio space)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All who know you best, know life gets in the way of clay! So, all in good time. We understand......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are all in an almost similar situation, so many things to do but so little time, and only two hands... But what counts is that you do not forget. and in my case, the things that wait longest will always come out best, hihi...

    ReplyDelete